Monday, May 14, 2012

My first organized run!

So for Mother's Day I saw that the city of Seattle was doing a free 5K run and I immediately was interested in running it with my 3.5 year old son Chase. I signed up super late the night before, but it allowed me to do it so I figured it wouldn't be a problem. We drove down to Seward Park (where the race took place) and picked up our race packet and had some time to play at the playground before the race stared.
They took some professional pictures and off we went. Chase just bolted from the starting line, 3.5 year olds do not know how to keep pace its either all or nothing and he gave it his all, that's for sure. After about 10 minutes he was tired, so we let all the runners pass us and he decided that walking was ok as long as people didn't pass him. Towards the end of the 5K he asked me if I can carry him for a couple of little minutes because his legs were tired, so I did, but as soon as he saw the finish line he wanted back down and ran like the wind accross it. We actually beat most of the walkers and my son genuinely thought that he had won the race! I was so proud of him, he was so excited, they had marshmallows and water at the end and it made his day.





We had so much fun running that I signed him up for a 2K race at the UW Bothell next Saturday. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: