1) First and foremost I have to say that my Garmin Forerunner 610 watch is something that I could not survive without. Yes, there are lots of free apps for iPhones and I've tried some of them, but without fail non of them are accurate. With my Garmin I always get the same results for distance and it is really easy to navigate. There are lots of awesome features to this watch, but I have to be honest, I really only use the main screen where it tells you what you mileage, time and pace is. That's all I really need, oh and it looks super cute, don't you think!!!!!!!!
My husband got mine at REI, but you can check them out on www.Garmin.com
|Image from Garmin.com|
2) iPod Nano, this has a special meaning to me. My husband got it for me for Christmas the year I started running and it is engraved with my sons name on it. I have all of my favorite running songs on it and use it for every race. It's my good luck charm :) Click here for my playlist.
|Image from head-fi.org|
Lululemon.com (updates every Monday night with new clothing)
|Image from Forbes.com|
4) My Mizuno running shoes. This is my second pair of running shoes since I started two years ago. I love them so much, they are very supportive yet lightweight. I bought the Wave Inspire 10.
5) Running belt, I bought the iFitness double pouch belt because I don't like to check a bag at races. I keep my phone, car key, credit card, ID and lip palm in one pouch and my energy gels in the other, its perfect to clip my iPod onto and it does not have bounce to it. Its not my favorite belt, however it can hold a lot and that's the reason I picked the iFitness one. I'm on a look out for a new one though, so if you have one that you love, let me know!!!
I bought mine online at http://www.fitletic.com, but they always have booth at the Seattle Rock'n'Roll Half Marathon Expo, I bet you can find them at the larger race Expos.
|Image from Pinterest.com|
I buy these in handfuls since I don't ever want to run out and Bartell Drugs always has them in stock.
|Image from Drugstore.com|
7) Band Aid blister band aids, I have found that these are the only ones for me that don't slip during races, no matter how long they are. I even use them on my medial malleolus bones (the little bone sticking out of inside of your ankle). The story behind that is that I always run in ankle socks and during my races I tend to hit my medial malleolus bone with my other leg and it hurts so bad. These band aid help it from getting scratched.
I buy this from Rite Aid, but I bet any drugstore would probably have it.
|Image from Surgicalsupplyservice.com|
I buy the Honey Stinger ones from REI, http://vegasport.com/product/endurance-gel/
|Image from Grindtv.com|
|Image from Honeystinger.com|
These are always with me when I go to a race, let me know what are your favorites, so I can try something new, you never know, I might just be missing out on something.
Please subscribe if you like what you read!!!
See you at my next race.