Thursday, December 4, 2014

Seahawks 12K Kids Dash, 2014!

I was excited for Chase to run another race and the Seahawks one seemed so much fun. Every since they won the Super Bowl last season the Seahawks have become so much more popular than they have ever been before. So it was really important for me to sign him up for this race as soon as it became open, I knew it was going to sell out fast.

Photo from thelandinginrenton.com
Because the race packet pickup was about a 30 minute drive from where we lived and they offered race day packet pick up, I didn't feel like driving there before hand and just decided to get the packed race morning. Unfortunately by the time we got there they had ran out of the bibs, they still had the T-shirts and the race bags, but no bibs :( They were super cool too, I was bummed, they had the Seahawks logo and the number 12 for the "12th Man" of course. But oh well, what can you do, right?

The kids course was not really anything nice, it just took place in the parking lot of the Renton The Landing shopping area. They did have fun kids games set up there, like throwing a football through holes, a bouncy house and a "how do you measure up to a football player". Chase had a really good time before the race.
Photo from Seahawks12Krun.com
The race went by really fast obviously, it was only a mile race, they had the SeaGals and Blitz there in the beginning to get everybody excited. The kids got ribbons for finishing the race.

I was a little bummed that there were no Seahawks players there, I didn't see any anyways. I was hoping to meet at least one or two players. I did hear from the past races that the players were on the 12K and the 5K courses at the water stations, but I didn't run, so not sure if they were there this year or not.

I do recommend this race for the kiddos, as they had fun games and ribbons.

Keep on running... with your kids!

Keili

No comments: